As a newbie to 3D printing, I would like to get some feedback on a model I have created before sending it off to get printed. I don't yet own a printer, and I have never sent anything out to get printed before. I am interested in feedback about the following for example:
- Are any features I have included too big/small/angled/etc. to print reliably?
- Have I set up my components correctly for optimal printing?
- Are there any obvious structural issues (weak spots, press-fit issues, etc.)
- Are there any obvious material/time saving things I should consider?
- What materials are suitable/best for printing my model?
- What questions should I ask the supplier before comitting?
- Any other tips on getting my specific model to succeed.
Since Stack Exchange sites are generally not for "primarily opinion based" questions, I'm not sure if this site itself is a suitable location.
Is the 3D Printing Stack Exchange site a suitable place to get feedback on a specific model before printing?
If not is there a Stack Exchange site similar to Code Review, but for reviewing 3D models?
I have not determined where to print the model b/c it likely depends on some of the answers (ex: printing technology, material, etc.) so I don't have someone I can work with directly yet. Also, I'd rather not choose the supplier as my first step b/c they will likely be biased towards whatever they can supply.