I raised a question about heatbed/heated-bed support, Steel versus MDF/Aluminium Y axis plate?, and I noticed that there is not yet a heatbed-support tag, so I used heatbed, and also added heated-bed, just in case.
However, this raises the question why are there both? heated-bed has a short but sensible definition, whereas heatbed has no tag definition, so it is unclear the intended difference, if any, in their use.
After a quick search of Meta to see if this issue has already been raised, I, now, see that there is also the tag hbp, see merge [hbp] and [heated-bed] tags.
For completeness, the respective use of each tag, to date, is as follows:
- heatbed 5
- heated-bed 34
- hbp 11
So these are my questions:
- Should these tags be merged/deleted or left as is? It seems a little confusing, as it stands currently.
- Which is the preferred term, heatbed, or heated bed?
- Should I add the hbp to my question?
- Should I remove the heatbed tag from my question?
- With respect to my particular question, should I, also, have created a heated-bed-support, or a heatbed-support tag, or even a hbp-support tag, so that it is more appropriately tagged?