I raised a question about heatbed/heated-bed support, Steel versus MDF/Aluminium Y axis plate?, and I noticed that there is not yet a heatbed-support tag, so I used , and also added , just in case.

However, this raises the question why are there both? heated-bed has a short but sensible definition, whereas heatbed has no tag definition, so it is unclear the intended difference, if any, in their use.

After a quick search of Meta to see if this issue has already been raised, I, now, see that there is also the tag hbp, see merge [hbp] and [heated-bed] tags.

For completeness, the respective use of each tag, to date, is as follows:

So these are my questions:

  • Should these tags be merged/deleted or left as is? It seems a little confusing, as it stands currently.
  • Which is the preferred term, heatbed, or heated bed?
  • Should I add the to my question?
  • Should I remove the tag from my question?
  • With respect to my particular question, should I, also, have created a , or a tag, or even a tag, so that it is more appropriately tagged?

1 Answer 1


I'm not sure, but I think they came about before anyone had the authority to suggest synonyms.

I went ahead and created a synonym for heatbed and heated-bed and merged the questions. I'll do the same for HBP. Thank you for bringing this up.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .